A simple side dish made with in season root vegetables and Brussels sprouts.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
I received my first shipment of a harvest box subscription that includes a variety of in season fruits and vegetables. I used the beets, Brussels sprouts, and carrots in the shipment to make this side dish.
This dish requires minimal prep work and is then placed in the oven to roast until the veggies are tender. Make sure you cut the veggies in similar sizes so that they roast evenly.
Roasted Beets, Brussels Sprouts, and Carrots
A simple and delicious side dish using in season root vegetables and Brussels sprouts.
- 1 1/2 cups beets; washed, peeled, and chopped (about 3 medium beets)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots; washed, peeled, and sliced (about 1 bunch of fresh carrots)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, washed and cut in half or quartered (depending on size)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Prepare veggies as instructed above. When chopping, slicing, and halving the veggies, try to make them all around the same size so that they roast at the same time. Arrange the prepared veggies on the prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the veggies. Gently toss to ensure that all veggies are coated in the mixture and spread evenly across the baking sheet (use two baking sheets if necessary).
Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes (or longer, depending on the size of the cut of the veggies), until the veggies can be pierced with a fork and are slightly browned.