Here’s a quick dish that comes together using a combination of fresh ingredients and pantry staples. The flavors are bright and Mediterranean and will leave you feeling satisfied. This would make a great dish to bring to a post-quarantine BBQ!
Mediterranean Sausage Pasta Salad
A delicious side dish that comes together quickly and effortlessly.
- 1 lb. farfalle pasta
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 4 links pre-cooked artichoke and sundried tomato chicken sausage links (such as Aidell's brand), thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until desired tenderness, or 7-10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Meanwhile heat the tablespoon of oil in a medium pan. Add the sliced chicken sausage links and brown on each side. Once the sausage is browned, add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove the sausage and spinach from the pan and transfer to a large bowl. To the bowl, add the remaining pasta salad ingredients (pasta, basil, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts). Stir to combine. Whisk together the dressing ingredients (or add to a small jar and shake until combined) and pour over the pasta salad. Stir to fully coat the pasta salad with the dressing and cool for at least an hour before serving. Serve chilled.