Marinated artichoke hearts and mozzarella balls join balsamic roasted mushrooms for a refreshing salad that is perfect for a warm day.
This Balsamic Mushroom and Artichoke Heart Salad is an easy side dish that comes together pretty quickly. The most work that you’ll have to do is chopping some mushrooms, which isn’t too bad.
This is the perfect side dish for an Italian meal, a great picnic snack, or a refreshing salad to bring along while wine tasting. Wherever you choose to bring it, I hope that you’ll enjoy it!
Balsamic Mushroom and Artichoke Heart Salad
This easy and refreshing side dish is sure to bring smiles to your table.
- 1 4 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts (I like the grilled and marinated ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 8 oz. container marinated mozzarella balls (I like the ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 8 oz. box cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Parmesan and garlic croutons (found at Trader Joe’s) (optional, for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Remove the artichoke hearts and the mozzarella balls from the containers, draining from the liquid. If you'd prefer, chop the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces. Combine the artichoke hearts, mozzarella balls, cannellini beans, and halved cherry tomatoes in a medium bowl. Mix gently. There is usually a light coating of oil and seasoning from the marinated artichoke hearts and mozzarella balls, but you can taste to see if you'd like to add additional seasonings (such as garlic powder, salt and pepper, or Italian seasoning. Additional flavor will come from the mushrooms). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the mushrooms.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Toss the chopped mushrooms with the one Tablespoon of oil, balsamic vinegar, and remaining seasonings. Arrange on a baking sheet in an even layer and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Let cool completely.
Once the mushrooms have cooled to room temperature, add to the bowl of artichoke hearts, mozzarella balls, beans, and cherry tomatoes. Add extra seasonings to taste and some fresh basil if you'd like (I recommend it). Just before serving, top with Parmesan garlic croutons.